We connect people to adventure. We want each student in our Guide Program to lead through experience, to become more aware of their own ability and potential, and to experience transformation through direct connection with the wilderness. Guides meet weekly in the ARC. Check with ARC staff to find out when we're meeting. Join us!!
- Train guides in fundamental wilderness skills
- Create transformational adventure experiences for fellow students
- Share in fellowship with those who have similar adventure interests
- Build leadership skills through direct experience and from qualified instructors
- Guide Great Escapes trips
- Gain professional certifications
- Explore a career in camping ministries, outdoor recreation, and adventure education
- CLICK here for list of our current trainings
Individuals involved in our guide development program become guides by beginning as a Trainee, then Assistant Guides, and on to Senior Guide status. We train guides on kayaking, backpacking, and rock climbing. Click here to see our guiding progression chart.
The Outdoor Leadership Program guides will have opportunity to obtain industry leading wilderness medical training. Courses are offered throughout the year.